Jessi’s Message was established by Jessica’s mother, Sandy, to support and advocate for a safer America by reducing gun violence. By teaching victims and survivors of violence to effectively share their stories, Jessi’s Message seeks to empower individuals to advocate for violence prevention in their communities.
The goals of Jessi’s Message:
- To draw public attention to the epidemic of gun violence in our country. We, as a nation, will demand better laws from our legislators, higher accountability from those within the gun industry, and safer practices for families with guns in their homes.
- To represent the families who have lost loved ones to gun violence. By telling our personal stories to legislators, they will more fully comprehend the impact of their politics, leading to legislation that protect the lives of American citizens more effectively.
- Close the deadly loopholes in our background check system that allow dangerous people like felons and domestic abusers easy access to guns.
- Support reasonable limits on where, when and how loaded guns are carried and used in public.
The following are NOT goals of Jessi’s Message:
- To have a gun-free America
- To have guns seized from homes
Jessi’s Message supports the second amendment and the right for responsible individuals to have firearms for personal defense or leisure. It is our sincere hope that responsible gun owners and enthusiasts will join us in this fight to make innocent bystanders safer through common sense gun laws while preserving the rights of responsible gun owners.